Welcome to the magic of Sedona artist Mary Dove

Saturday, September 28, 2013

Friday, Surprise Awards from NAWS

Friday was an emotional day for me at the first fall season Northern Arizona Watercolor Society monthly meeting.

The Spring NAWS Show was held in May at which time show awards were selected by juror John Salminen, a signature member of numerous art societies including the AWS and NWS. John has received more than 200 awards in national and international exhibitions.

In the May show, John chose my watercolor to be the recipient of his Juror’s Award; this is the painting the juror liked best in the show. In the September NAWS meeting, I received two additional, even more special awards for this watercolor painting: the People’s Choice Award and the NAWS Member’s Choice Award.

I’ve felt this recognition is far more difficult to accumulate during the two week duration of the show: votes from the public; even greater from my fellow artists. I was touched by this acknowledgment from the membership. Friday was a good high energy day.



Open House Sunday, Show Low Arizona

watercolor painting

Image 22 x 30
Framed 30 x 38


Thank you for sharing this experience with me!

Enjoy the season as the leaves are changing their coats to color.

Mary Dove


Bye for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment