Welcome to the magic of Sedona artist Mary Dove

Sunday, December 15, 2013

A Seasonal Poem from Barb Wiatrak Young 

It looks as if Barb Wiatrak Young (reminder we were in high school together) is becoming my blog poet. Most often she creates words that speak to her at times of seasonal events. This is her poem, for the Christmas Season, shared with graduates of Pasadena High School, Pasadena Texas this December.

I encourage and support all creative efforts. The process of writing is the same process the artist travels when painting an image just using a different tool.

Story of Jesus
by barb wiatrak young

Tell me the story of Jesus
That story of long, long ago
About the star in the heavens
Lighting where the shepherds should go.

Tell me of that lowly stable
Where the son of God laid his head
Of the manger all filled with hay
And how the shepherds were led.

Tell me of that first Christmas morning
How the light of heaven was there
How Mary held her precious son
Little Jesus so sweet and fair.

Tell me the story of Jesus
Why he came to this earth
Of the miracle of blessed Mary
And the story of His holy birth.
Tell me how much He loved us
So willing to die in such pain
So all of God’s children could live
And be in His presence again.

Tell me how Christmas is precious
Not what we buy or amass
Not all of the tinsel and trimmings
For some have forgotten, alas.

Christmas is the gift of our Savior
That we might remember the cost
From the time of His sacred birth
So not one soul would be lost.

Yes tell me the story of Jesus
My brother my Savior my friend
Tell me of life everlasting
A life that never will end..

Yes tell me that precious story
Over and over again...


Happy Noel to Each and All

Mary Dove



Bye for now.



No comments:

Post a Comment