Welcome to the magic of Sedona artist Mary Dove

Saturday, October 8, 2016


Yes, I’m still working on a full Inbox. I’m sharing with you a 2nd wonderful event in September. The 1st one I’m working on how to reproduce it to share with you; to come later, a technical thing.
 
Moving forward: my “New Mexico Shifting White Sands Grass” watercolor received an Award of Excellence in the Northern Arizona Watercolor Society juried show. Mike Bailey was the juior for this show. See his website at http://mebaileyart.com  At the NAWS, 1st meeting for the fall season, this watercolor received two additional awards, People’s and Member’s Choice Award.


It’s an accomplishment to be awarded a position in any juried show, which is always greatly appreciated. However, for me personally, my most challenging awards are the ones bestowed on a painting by the public and especially the Member’s Choice Award which comes from the support of ones fellow artists. These two awards are the most difficult to receive because it is public opinion not the selection by a juror. Needless to say this was a warm, pleasant surprise to start the fall season.



New Mexico Shifting White Sands Grass

watercolor 30 x 38


 In select sizes, printed on either glossy or matte finish canvas, my watercolor look fabulous on canvas because of my painting style; for paper, my personal preference is a Fine Art Print on Picture Rag, to mat and frame through Fine Art America




 More catch-up to follow. Stay Close
Have laughter, ease, grace and joy in your day.

Mary Dove
Southwest Sedona Artist


Bye for now!






No comments:

Post a Comment