Welcome to the magic of Sedona artist Mary Dove

Sunday, January 15, 2017

Holiday Calories Effect on the Body, Poem

My high school classmate. Barb Young, is back with a poem we can all relate with, “How to deal with the Holiday Calorie’s effect on our bodies.” A fun poem we can enjoy with a smile.

CALORIES
by barb wiatrak young

How can 1 pound of candy
Add ten pounds to your weight,
Or a simple piece of pie
Lead to a “worser” fate.

Why does cherry cobbler
Make your pants bulge at the seams,
Or watching all too close your scale
Cause sad starvation dreams.

Another question that I have
Is why aren't carbs the fad,
Carbs make me so happy..
Why are they so bad..

So what if salads make you thin
And candy makes you fat,
It’s oh so wrong I tell you
I never have liked that..

Why can't we gorge on chocolate
Have whipping cream a lot,
Why can’t chicken and dumplings
Be in every single pot..

These questions really haunt me
I guess I won’t know why..
Cause I'm too busy eating
Ice cream and apple pie..

Thought you could relate to and get an after holiday kick out of her thoughts. It's OK, I give permission to enjoy you after dinner desert. You can work it off later.

Love to hear your personal comments on this subject.

See you soon. Stay Close.

Have laughter, ease, grace and joy in your day.

Mary Dove
Southwest Sedona Artist




Bye for now!


and my website:


No comments:

Post a Comment