Welcome to the magic of Sedona artist Mary Dove

Sunday, January 13, 2013


The Painting Journey of the Texas Red Horse Trailer

The process continues to work through the ugly stage. Because area are reworked sometimes it doesn't seem much progress is being made. Believe me this is one of my daily painting experience. Where is the progress today?

Stage Three:



This image is still working on the sky with additional graded washes. The painting needs to dry between applications. The intent is layers of watercolor to give depth and luminosity to the sky color.




This image begins the fun part of the flowers in the foreground. This is a joke. These flowers are the reason I selected this subject to paint. In the beginning, I know I couldn't get what I wanted to achieve in a straight line. This was my big bear area in this painting. Flowers I've never painted before – white flowers back lit by the sun. 


Frisket is still on the edges and top of the post. The frisket want be removed until I am comfortable with the sky washes. Some of the mid-ground landscape is developed in this painting.





Sky is done, frisket is removed from the post; the value is applied to the fence post wood. The values of the mid-ground landscape is pushed (lights and darks). The rock wall in the mid-ground is developed.And, a long truck of work on the white flowers has begun. You will need to look very carefully to begin to see the start of many changes made to the foreground white flowers.

Thanks for joining me on another day’s journey through my maze.

Mary Dove


Bye for now. See you Tuesday evening. 





No comments:

Post a Comment