Welcome to the magic of Sedona artist Mary Dove

Friday, January 25, 2013

The Painting Journey of the Texas Red Horse Trailer

Stage Nine: 




See more details: small orange flowers across the bottom of the watercolor and roof support structure on the left side the roof – thin lines. Most often, “I paint what I see, not what I think it might be. Paint what is there.” This is how life and character is created be it an old barn or the individual personality in a dog portrait.

Yes, there are times to use artistic license. In this painting, the barn was pulled a little to the left so the pike of the top roof line would show to the left of the foreground post to add interest to the painting.


This painting is done. Would like to believe you learned at least one new element about art, my art, during the past nine stages of this painting.


Prints available in a selection of sizes at wholesale pricing
printed on Photo Rag or canvas.


Please take a visit to my Website


Thanks for joining me on my journey through a maze.

Mary Dove



Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment