Welcome to the magic of Sedona artist Mary Dove

Wednesday, July 18, 2012


Follow this Bald Eagle oil pastel to a finished painting.

Days 9-10-11:  this includes two short days and one better day of work. A good workday for me is 4 to 5 hours straight. I work on the painting when I find even a small block of time.


Think I am finished with the top of the head. Always tweak the beak a little; continued attention to the ends of the white feathers and the dark secondary feathers.


The process requires thought:  select design options; attention to and watching for the unexpected “looks good – stop - don’t touch that.” 

Is my original intent for the image being developed? Relate to and feel if the subject communicates with me. Does the attitude show character and personality; has something to say to it’s audience? Or, is it just a flat image on the board?

At this point the guy is still nameless. I feel he has the answer and is waiting to hear what you think. What does he express; what does he represent to you?

Moving towards the finish line; see you in two days. Enjoy the process. 

Mary Dove

No comments:

Post a Comment