Welcome to the magic of Sedona artist Mary Dove

Thursday, July 12, 2012


Follow this Bald Eagle oil pastel to a finished painting.

Day 5:  Today was more overall general work on the feathers, more layering buildup and spent time on the eyes – always touch the beak a little. Because of my layer application system, you almost need to go back to the day before to see progress. From now on you will wonder why it takes so long to create such a small change.


Well truth be said, sometime I am doing a “what if” to an area which take time to assimilate the effort into the status quo. Sometimes a small area is worked on for extended periods of time until it feels right.


My oil pastels are the size of your little finger; others are as large as the end of your thumb. My chosen challenge is to achieve detail with these tools. My fun is when you wonder, “How did she do that?” Enjoy.

See you again in a couple of days. Mary Dove

No comments:

Post a Comment