Welcome to the magic of Sedona artist Mary Dove

Tuesday, July 10, 2012


Follow this Bald Eagle oil pastel to a finished painting.

Day 4:  This day was again focused on layering in the Values. Sometimes I select an area to start the development of extra detail.  Then I move to other areas of the painting so these areas are not forgotten.


When I turn my attention back to the focus of the day, I am most often surprised with what I find. By returning with a fresh eye, often I find the happy accidents that just need to be left alone. The best way to handle this process: when you start getting tired move to a different area. Or you may set yourself up for a major mistake or over working what would be a beautiful area.



Every day it seem to be a "work on the beak day."

Keep thinking about a name as the painting  develops. Most often the name makes the painting. When a piece goes to a juried show, the name can make a difference.

Enjoy the process. Will be back in about two days. Mary Dove

No comments:

Post a Comment